Sunday, August 20, 2006

Hopeless Romanticism


For the Nth time, I got to see the movie 50 First Dates on cable before I logged on. It never failed to make me cry. Who could not wish to have somebody make you fall in love every single day of your life, and give up a long time dream at that? It always make me wonder if a situation like that could ever exist. The plot is somehow similar to that of The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. Oh boy, I couldn't let the book down and the pages were dripping wet by my tears by the time I finished it.
It so nice to dream sometimes -that someone would be willing to give his life to love you and make you happy. As they say, great love comes only once in a lifetime. And when it hits you, you should never let it go, for it will never come back again. I sound desperate huh. I also had my share of love(s). But as we grow older, things become very different. Its harder to see life like when you were younger - where its easier to smell the sweet fragrance of a flower. Now, being practical overcomes romance. The brain functions more than the heart. Then you feel empty at the end of the day, compared to the good ol' days where you experience cloud nine even if you date in a park or you use public utility vehicle just to go to a motel.
This morning, an officemate told me that I am very lucky to have a generous boyfriend who fills me up. The comment made me wonder, am I? Materially, maybe I am. But as a hopelessly romantic girl, I feel empty most of the time. Honey A is always busy with work and doesn't always have time to take me out. The last time we ate out or watched a movie was three (3) months ago! Sometimes it just pisses me off. But then, who's perfect? The best thing is that I know that he loves me and each person has his own expression of feelings (or Im just rationalizing my situation, gee!).
Until now, I miss the feeling of euphoria, the goose bumps and the sudden rush of blood on your face. For now, I'll just settle to the mushy movies:(

No comments: