Thursday, October 19, 2006

Alumni Homecoming

I attended last Saturday, October 14, the annual alumni homecoming of Manila Science High School. I was ecstatic a few months back, expecting that it is really a big event wherein I get to see fellow alumni (who I pictured to be nerdies hahaha!). I was constantly in contact with a batchmate since I did not want to go there alone and feel alienated. Though he came late, i saw 4 batchmates who also came early.

I was so disappointed to see a very dry opening ceremony that didn't even fill the small auditorium. There were old teachers and representatives from the very first batch up to the latest batch of graduates. It just didn't live up to my expectations (or perhaps we just came early and I didn't catch the livelier part of the programme?). I told my friends that should the Batch 90 handle it, there will be parties, lots of food and overflowing drinks!

That event made me compare my dear UP against my beloved DLSU. Though with the former, brains is not a question but with the latter, it was where I got to appreciate great planning and organization with lots and lots of connection. The homecoming could have been better if right people were tapped. I knew many Mascians who work in big companies and that their sponsorship would be a very very big help. It is just knowing who and how to connect.

Oh well, one thing for sure, Batch 90's will surely make it bigger and better! :)

No comments: