Saturday, October 14, 2006

Friday the 13Th

Friday the 13th has been the dreaded day wherein most oldies would usually tell not to go out as something bad might happen to you. They used to say that this day brings bad luck especially for non-believers. I would say otherwise. October 13, 2006, which incidentally fell on a Friday was a good day for me, let me tell you why...

For almost 2 years, our table tournaments were scheduled on Fridays. The registration starts at 8pm and the actual derbies were usually from 10pm-12mn. There were a few times that they lasted until 2am. Meaning, for almost two years, my duty schedule on Fridays was 4pm-12mn. I had no social life on this day. My dates (and gimmicks) were on Thursdays which I wasn't happy about since good bands and great happenings fall on Fridays.

Last Friday, we had no tournament since it has been moved to Tuesdays (twice a month). I have been looking forward for this day since the start of the week. Plans have been running around in my mind. For a couple of days, I have been contemplating whether to dine out, watch a movie (or concert) or have a few drinks in a bar. The night before, my kid J had a fever due to cough and colds. I felt saddened for a while thinking that my big day would end with me nursing my sick child. Luckily, she got better in the morning and even went to school. I then felt relieved and excited as time approaches.

It was also the day of Oktoberfest in most places. Our company even sponsored that of Blue Wave's. And another branch is having an event of their own. If only Honey A wasn't around, I would see myself hopping from one place to another.

I chose Tavern on the Square (as usual). We arrived at exactly 9pm only to find out that there were only few tables left. It was really a Friday. Fat Session Band was scheduled that night and I enjoyed seeing Honey A laughing his heart out as the singers bolted jokes in between their songs. We finished 3 sets (with 4 glasses of vodka currant and 1 San Mig light) that night. I remembered telling Honey A that I would never leave unless I get to dance on my feet. And that only happened on the 3rd set.

I love Fridays. And it really will not matter if its a 13th or not as long as my schedule permits me to go out:)

No comments: