Friday, September 22, 2006

Meeting With Fellow Alumni

It has been more almost 3 months since I got to meet the working group behind the Manila Science High School Alumni Foundation. I cannot comprehend until now why they call meetings on weekdays and after regular office hours. Weekends and night time are perfect for busy professionals and parents. Oh well.

Currently, the foundation would like to focus on fund-raising activities since their coffer is nearly running dry. It shouldn't have happened if they only plan ahead of time. Planning should be done annually and there should be a time table for everything. Just like in any organization, or even life itself, you should know how to foresee and be ready for the inevitable. Although I fully take into consideration that the foundation is a voluntary job and not a source of living. I think what they currently need are hot-blooded, agressive young people to carry on risk-taking tasks. I am not referring to myself though. I know a handful from my batchmates who have the time and energy to bring it on.

My love for my alma mater pushed me to volunteer to be a part of the fund-raising committee. I think that my little knowledge in handling events would be a great help for the foundation.

No comments: