Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My Dear Friend, Grace

I received a call from a very dear high school friend this evening. She is currently in Ilocos managing a restaurant business with her husband. She is a nurse by profession but chose to settle down in the province to raise a family.

I have known Grace since our 1st year in high school. She was my closest friend back then. I could vividly remember her White Linen (by Estee Lauder) perfume and Lavender cologne. There were numerous times I visited their place in Sta. Mesa and her whole family knew me. I have known Grace to be a very reserved yet funny person. Suddenly I missed her. Looking back then, I didn't know what happened why we grew apart. We didn't have any misunderstanding yet after the summer break of 1987, we had our own set of friends to tend to. We still greeted each other though all through our secondary years, but the closeness somewhat diminished. Now that we got to talk to each other again, the only right thing to do is pick up the pieces where we left of. Thanks to our batchmate who works in Ilocos since he was the one who gave my number to my dear friend.

No comments: