Saturday, September 16, 2006

Oody's and The Tavern on The Square

Finally I got to taste Thai Cuisine last Thursday when Honey A and I went to Greenbelt 3 for some time out. I actually did not expect that he'll take me out to dinner. I was thinking more of drinking and watching live bands that night. Since we were already in the vicinity, the most practical thing to do is to look for any Thai restaurant (as he promised long, long time ago) and we saw Oody's Thai Rice, Noodles 'N Bar at the 2nd level. Being the clueless one, I let Honey A order for both of us. I specially liked the Pad Thai Noodles though he found it sweet. We were both expecting the food to be somewhat spicy as I have strictly requested from the waiter a more "biting" taste. I guess Thai food is not as exotic as I imagined.

What I found sweet though, was how Honey A gamely took the picture of our food, not minding the group dining beside us. At least we got to prove how efficient his Nokia N73 can be when it comes to photos. I also found it so sweet how he carried my take out food outside the restaurant. It was the first time he has done that in five years of being together hehehe.

After the dinner, we moved to Tavern on the Square to have some drink and enjoy live bands. Unfortunately, it was Shamrock which was scheduled that night. Though I recognize rock songs, I still prefer mellow, jazz or pop music. We just finished the 1st set and no longer consumed the minimum rate since my ear drum could no longer tolerate the eardrum-breaking sound (you may call me an oldie if you like).

I really enjoyed that night even though it was a relatively short night out. At least I didn't wake up with a pounding head and stomach ache:)

No comments: